Monday 4 March 2013

Finland - Resort Representative

After being a rep in Italy my next ski season couldn't come quick enough. I spent the summer managing a bar back home in The Lakes but by the time winter came I was ready to get my ski boots back on! In November I was told I would be working in Slovenia for the winter so at the start of December I traveled to London again with my belongings. This time we took a coach to St. Johann, Austria for training:




At the start of the winter season they have Krampus where all the devils come down from the mountains:



At the end of training my manager, another rep and I traveled to Kranjska Gora, Slovenia.



There was a severe lack of snow but after only a day there I was called and asked to to Finland to work for the season :)
This meant three trains back to St. Johann, a drive to Munich, a flight to London, and finally a flight to Finland. It was a long trip but I got there and was greeted by the two other reps I would be working with and who else but Santa!



Italy had been good but Finland was something else. It was freezing but there was snow...



 skidoos...



 huskys...



 reindeer...



 and Santa and I was definitely happy!


If visiting Santa wasn't enough I also got to go inside the arctic circle.





We made our way to Pyha for a day of skiing and on the way there we hit this temperature.....



The end of the season came far to quick and it was soon spring again.

No comments:

Post a Comment