Monday 4 March 2013

What's happened so far.......

So I probably should have started blogging when i first embarked on some travels since there was no way it was going to stop at just one summer during university! I guess this first part of my blog is kind of a catch up to where i'm at now. This might take a while........

Starting from the beginning:
I grew up in The Lake District, Cumbria, UK in a small village called Kirkby-in-Furness. It's on the coast so I could see the sea from my window, along with hills and mountains and lakes all around and basically it's an amazing place to grow up!

I went to a tiny primary school in the village with around 80 pupils then moved on to a secondary school and sixth form in the nearby town of Ulverston where the school size increased to around 1500 students. You can imagine I had a pretty sheltered upbringing but i wouldn't want it any other way.

At 18 I finished sixth form and went on to The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen to study Nutrition and Dietetics for four years with the idea that I would get a job as a dietitian at the end of it. I guess that's where it all started.........