Monday 4 March 2013

Summer 2008 - YMCA Lakeside

After working for a bank and at a pub non stop during my summer after my first year of uni by the time my second summer break came around I decided I deserved to do something fun. I finished off my second year on a two week placement in Fort William where I saw the Mountain Bike World Cup for the first time, went to the Isle of Skye and climbed Ben Nevis (the highest mountain in Scotland):



So for summer I got myself a job at Lakeside YMCA Day Camps. Probably the best summer of my life :)
We did all sorts of activities from climbing and kayaking to orienteering and archery. We lived on site and had an absolute blast:









Unfortunately, after such an amazing summer I still had to go back to uni, but there was always the next summer.......



No comments:

Post a Comment